Thursday, August 21, 2014

Introduction

Introduction

Hello,

I am recently a person who was diagnosed as ADHD-PI (predominantly inattentive) as an adult.  I been trying to learn as much as possible about myself and ADHD, and I also want to share what I have learn.  I am no expert on ADHD but my hope is to provide a central library of information from experts.

The goal of this blog is to provide links of videos and other sources of information of educated experts of ADHD.  Trying to be a one stop place for useful info for people new to ADHD or just want more info.  Eventually I will also hope to provide the same info in other formats such as mp3 making it easier to download and experience.  Sometimes you just can't be at your computer watching an online video but an mp3 you can place on your phone or music player and take that information with you and you can experience it during your day, such as when you are driving a car, when you exercise, when you do chores around the house, etc.

I hope I can be as helpful as other have been in helping me.

One last thing, I would like to thank:

  • Dr. Russell A Barkley, for all the info I have learned from him in his books and videos.  Dr. Barkley is a PhD in Clinical Psychology, one of the leading experts of ADHD, author of many books, lectures, scientific papers and clinical studies of people with ADHD.  He is also one of the many researchers in the Milwaukee Longitudinal Study of Hyperactive Children, a study that followed ADHD children and controls from them being diagnosed as young children till past the age of 28, following the same kids for over 20 years.

  • Dr. Edward Hallowell for his wonderful books he coauthored such as Driven to Distraction, Answers to Distraction, and Delivered from Distraction plus over a dozen more.  Dr. Hallowell is a M.D. in Psychiatry and he treats both children and adults.  He is an easy doctor to understand and is a great person to start your journey in understanding ADHD.

The first videos and information I will be posting will be from Dr. Barkley since they are so useful and helpful.  I would also recommend you start reading Dr. Hallowell's books.